We are proud of our talented team at UBIQ Aerospace and would like to introduce some of our excellent colleagues here on our website. First off is our newest member, Shibarchi Majumder. Shibarchi joined UBIQ Aerospace in November as a Senior Software Architect.
What’s your role at UBIQ Aerospace?
– My role is to design the system and software architecture that will be used in UBIQ’s ice protection systems. Since I joined I also got involved in other projects, like working with propulsion heating systems and sensing technology. I have a background in Aerospace Engineering so I’m happy to get to work with different development projects.
Can you tell us a bit more about your background?
– I graduated in Aerospace Engineering from Amity University in India in 2014. After my studies I cofounded Voyage Aerospace, a startup that was developing autonomous flight controllers for beyond line of sight (BLOS) operations in UAVs. I also worked for Rockwell Collins before moving to Denmark for a PhD in 2017. In my research, I’m designing and developing platform architecture for mixed-criticality systems for aerospace applications. I was also awarded an EliteForsk-rejsestipendierne (travel grant) by the Danish Ministry of Higher Education and Science, handed by the Crown Princess. My PhD defense will be in early 2021.
What motivates you?
– I feel satisfied when I make something. I believe in the philosophy that if you cannot make it, you don’t understand it well enough. That pushes me to try new things.
If you were a superhero, what powers would you have?
– The ability to fly, for sure. I participated in a pilot training program as a part of my former job, so I have some experience of flying an aircraft. It’s good to have piloting experience when you develop the systems.
Thank you Shibarchi! Last question: Can you recommend a TV series or a movie?
– Fargo is my favourite TV series. And I like more or less all the Marvel movies, especially Iron Man.