We are proud of our talented team at UBIQ Aerospace and would like to introduce some of our colleagues here on our website. Sindre Faeroe is working part-time at UBIQ while completing his master’s degree at NTNU.
What are you working on right now?
– I assist in developing hardware and software for the test equipment for the D•ICE solution. Currently I’m working on a test environment that makes it possible to test things in the lab without having to go to a wind tunnel.
Can you tell us a bit about your background?
– After my bachelor’s degree I went to work as a technical student at CERN. I was working on Linac 3, a linear accelerator that is the starting point for the particles. My task was to develop hardware to protect it from overloading.
What motivates you?
– The technology of the future and being a part of that development. I’ve watched a lot of science fiction and space movies, and I’m also inspired by futurists like Michio Kaku.
Who’s your favourite Nobel prize winner?
– Jack Kilby, one of the two inventors of the integrated circuit. I like him because he’s a guy who doesn’t care about money or fame, he just wants to invent stuff. That’s his passion.
Thank you Sindre! Last question: Can you recommend a book?
– “The Chip”, about Jack Kilby and Robert Noyce.